- Maintains alternator and power steering in factory location.
- Near equal length primary runners.
- Uses proper small volume merge collectors.
- Designed to tuck the turbine housing and runners close to the engine and away from the radiator, fans, and other heat sensitive components.
- Fits nearly all T4 framed turbochargers up to a Garrett GT45 or the Borg Warner S400s.
- (2) TiAL MVS flanges on collector.
- Fits 1g and 2g with a 6 bolt or 7 bolt engine, some front motor mount bracket clearancing required. Will not clear the 2g upper radiator hose. GT42/GT45 and S400 compressor covers will not clear in a 2g unless the radiator is moved forward.
For those wondering about the consolidated runner design:
It joins the two paired runners in a twin scroll configuration, and can be thought of as a “4-2-1” design commonly seen in naturally aspirated applications. All twin scroll setups are essentially a “4-2-1” or “Tri-Y” design, as it is exactly what happens in the turbine housing entry anyway, but in a consolidated runner design it just happens at a different point (sooner). Two runners sharing the same space isn’t a big deal when they are firing in an alternating order and only one exhaust pulse sees each scroll (and runner) at a time. It’s important to keep in mind that the exhaust is a pulse, not just a standard flow rate- as well as one runner being of the same area as one side of a twin scroll T4 inlet.
This cuts down on the internal volume of the manifold while retaining a longer runner length, and also cuts down on total surface area at the same time. Important for minimizing radiant heat.
We are expecting to see a quicker spool without a change in top end when wringing out the setup.
Even if it is exactly the same results wise, the packaging allows a much more compact placement on the turbine side (only two runners to package instead of four at the collector), keeping other components, like fans, oil drain etc, from the hot parts.
We don’t have a “buy it now” feature because we feel strongly about getting you the manifold that fits your setup and your goals. By filling out this client worksheet, you can help us begin that dialogue. After receiving the completed sheet, we will review it and contact you within 1-2 business days.